TNM contains two unique storylines, both of which contain about 15 hours of gameplay. There are over 50 non-linear levels, over 70 different characters and a staggering 14 hours of fully voiced dialogue. This is quite some feat for a mod from this independent development team, and according to Richard Cobbett it is very, very good.
This is a list of just some of the features you will find in TNM:
- 30 hours of gameplay split between two completely unique and parallel storylines
- Amazing voice acting adding up to 14 hours of spoken audio
- More than 200 unique characters
- More than 4 hours of brand new music
- Over 30 unique maps, ranging from city slums and caves to high-tech laboratories
- 4 main endings and a detailed epilogue
- More than 20 new weapons
- Hundreds of all-new high-resolution models
- Hunderds of readable e-mails, books, newspapers, notepads, and digital storage devices
- Incredibly deep game world reactivity and player freedom
- Strongly based on Deus Ex’s highly praised core gameplay
Lead designer Jonas Waever said this when announcing the availability of TNM:
“We’re extremely excited to finally unleash this 7 year labour of love on gamers everywhere. Even 9 years after release, Deus Ex has few equals. We feel that we’ve succeeded in playing to its strengths, while still creating a unique, immersive new experience”
Head on over to the TNM site for more information.